Following the article in The Scotsman where a person was dismissed for social media postings whilst on call for work, we thought we'd pass on our five social media commandments to avoid possible mishaps at work.
- We shall read our employer's social media policy.
- We shall ensure that our work and private social media accounts do not overlap at any time.
- We shall not post privately on social media during work's time.
- We shall regularly remind ourselves that 'friends' on social media are often not.
- We shall try our hardest to remember that social media can provide lots of information to potential employers.
Don't be put off using social media, there are many advantages - including free pizza, as reported in The Independent